Bismuthtrioxide Bi2O3 – An important functional substance, it is mostly found in the 4 crystal types: roof, net and. Different types of crystals may be used in different ways. Leume, which is a yellow monoclinic type crystal has an 8.9 ratio and a melting value of 825. It is non-soluble in acids and water, but it can dissolve in alkali. Cubic crystal of bright yellow and orange with an relative density of 8.55. The melting point is 860. This substance can dissolve in acid but it cannot be dissolved in water. The metal bismuth can be reduced by hydrocarbon or hydrogen. Bi2o3 (a unique material that contains a cubic fluorite structural, 25% of which are not used) is very conductive of oxygen. Bismuth is used in the electronic ceramic, powder, photoelectric and catalyst industries. A key additive for electronic ceramic materials is bismuth. Its purity must exceed 99.15%. The principal application objects of bismuth ore are the three main categories: zinc oxide varistors; ceramic capacitors; and ferrite magniti materials. There are many uses for bismuth dioxide. They can be useful as an organic colorant, a plastic flame retardant or medicinal astringent.
The synthetic method
It was mixed with sodium hydroxylide water solution without carbon dioxide to make bismuth Nitrate solution (8090). A solution that was too alkaline for precipitation resulted from Bi(OH);3 precipitation. Once the solution had been heated up, it was stirred briefly, then dried to make yellow bismuth trioxide. By water decanting, the bismuthoxide was filtered and dried.
Use 1.5mol/L sodium-hydroxide solution to dissolve carbon dioxide. Add 0.1mol/L bismuth citrate solution to 1mol/L acid. The solution stays basic even after precipitation. The solution formed as a white-colored, extended Bi(OH3)3 deposit. After it was stirred in hot water, it became a yellow bismuth triooxide. Then rinse the solution 15 times. After drying, dry it in a towel with decanting.
After the melting of the metal bismuth, an arc formed between the graphite electro and the liquid metal surface. It was then heated for oxygen. You must ensure that the oxygen is constantly supplied to the crucible. The reaction temperature was 800 750, and 99.8% purity. Once the products are cooled, either in hot water or on a piece of cold metal foil, they can be quenched.
Slowly mix the remaining sodium carbonate solution with Bi(NO3)3*5H2O acids solution (20g, dissolved in 2mol/L NNO3) and stir well. Bi2O3CO3 is precipitated. Filtered, washed, then dried. You can heat it up at 650K (for about 1.5 hours) to obtain tanybi2o3.
5. You can burn the basic bismuth citrate at 400500 in order to get rid of NO3-ions (34h).
2 biono3 = 1 x Bi2O3 + 1 x NO2 + 1 x O2
After burning is complete, the entire batch turns to lemon yellow upon cooling.
6. You can clean an industrial bismuth surface 16kg99.9% using just a tiny amount of dilute citrate acid. Then, you should wash it with conductive saline to remove the nitric. You will then need to add 1:1 high purity acid (35kg Nitrate and 20 with a relative density 1.42l/l water conductivity). Continue the process for another 10 minutes. The filtrate was heated up to 65 70. It was then evaporated and concentrated until it reached a relative density of 1.9. Once the filtrate reached a relative density of 1.9, it was then cooled and crystallized. Once the dilute bismuth solution has been dissolved, heat it under stirring and let the filtrate dry. Next, wash the filter with thermal conductivity water several times.
1. Electrofunctional material
Electronic functional powders such as bismuth dioxide powder are widely used to make sensitive parts, dielectric ceramics, and other electronic components. It is capable of meeting high quality standards, and it also has large surface areas. Alpha Bi2O3 has the best monocline structural stability. There are large amounts of oxygen in its crystal structure. Furthermore, it is highly conductive and contains lots oxygen vacancy. These properties make it ideal for creating solid oxide fuel cells, as well oxygen sensors. This active substance is often used for chemical power supply. Bismuth oxide can also be used for corrosion prevention for mercury-free battery, as well as electrode material for lithium and an additive to improve alkaline Zn/MnO2’s rechargeability. This material was used as an additive in EMD to improve the performance of primary batteries’ positive electrode.
2. Combustion catalyst
Lead oxide plays an important part in the Department of Double-base Solid Propeller Burning Rate Catalyst. While it can boost the burning rates and reduce pressure exponents, its lead toxicity is much greater. This means that people and the environment could be exposed to this substance. Bismuth compound has a very low toxicity, lower smoke emissions, and high burning rate. It was found that , nano Bi2O3 under low pressure, has a faster propellant burning speed than nano-PbO.
3. The photocatalytic destruction of materials
The photocatalysis of Bi2O3 has been shown to allow it to process nitrite containing wastewater. Bi2O3’s photocatalytic activity is high, according to the results. A nanomaterial’s photocatalytic performance is enhanced because of its large specific surface, numerous surface active points, as well as high levels of photocatalytic activation.
4. It has been reported in the literature that the nanoparticles coated with bismuth oxide of sodium dodecylbenzenesulfonate have a large trivalent nonlinear optical coefficient, which is significant for the development of nonlinear optical devices even under weak light.
5. Urethane–heparin graft copolymer is an antithrombotic medical material, that can be used to make interventional caths. You must fill the catheter with nano-bismuthoxide ultrafine powder. The material is incomperable to Xeray.
6. Radiation-proof material.
Today’s radiation protection materials tend to be lead products. It is extremely harmful for both the body and the environment. Bismuth (a green metal) has a greater attenuation value than lead. This combination, which combines strong radiation resistance from bismuth oxide and quantum effects of nanomaterials gives it high potential for use in development.
TRUNNANO (Luoyang Trunnano Tech Co. Ltd.), a Bi2O3 professional manufacturer, has more than 12 year experience in chemical product design and development. You can contact us to request high-quality Bi2O3.