Diamond and cubic Boron Nitride are the most popular superhard material. Diamond, both synthetic and natural, is the hardest material. In South Africa, Zaire and in other countries, natural diamond primary resources are most widely distributed. China and India contain a very small quantity of placer-ores. Artificial diamond is created by converting graphite to diamond under high temperature, pressure conditions (between 5 GPa & 1700 K), using graphite as a raw material. Catalytic metals such nickel and cobalt are used as catalysts. Diamond exhibits high hardness as well wear resistance and excellent thermal stability. Cubic bore nitride is synthetic and does not occur in nature. In order to produce synthetic diamond, scientists used technology and equipment similar to synthetic. It is more hard than diamond but has better thermal stability. Ferrous metals and alloys exhibit both chemical and qualitative inertia.
A superhard material’s hardness is higher than those of any other materials. This includes abrasive material corundum (silicon carbide), tool material cemented carbonide, high-speed steel, and many others. It’s also extremely efficient, precise, long-lasting, and has excellent electrical, thermal, acoustic and biological properties. These materials are praised as “Kings Of Materials”, because they can save energy, and also make it greener and more friendly for the environment. They can handle extreme conditions and have many potential applications. They can process all types of challenging materials.
Component development direction. It is possible to not only resolve the problem that new materials can’t be processed using conventional tools, but also solve key pieces of large warships such as the new, multi-layer composite plate for tank bulletproof armor and the heat-resistant alloy components of large aircraft. These materials can not only achieve double the results, but they also require half as much effort. In addition to creating new industrial areas (such stone, floor tiles and other manufacturing industries), the development of superhard material has increased the efficiency and effectiveness of certain traditional processing (such optical lenses like cameras, telescopes, precision-guided missile hoods, etc.). Many times more. It’s extremely useful in many areas of life and has low environmental impact.
Superhard Material Industry Trend
1) The age of superhard industry, monopolized only by some countries or companies, is over. Today, industrial production technology continues to improve and multi-polarization is the norm.
2) With superhards materials becoming increasingly popular in different industries, both the total market demand and market price have steadily declined. In the future, industrial diamonds will become more important for building and processing non-metallic substances.
3) Product series and special product lines are designed to meet the specific needs of different industries.
These tools, which are precision-oriented, highly precise and efficient in their use, as well as being long-lasting, economical, and practical, have been slowly becoming part of a growing series. These tools are being standardized and researched rapidly. Some of the newest tools in the family include small diamond tools (e.g., small-sized dressing tools to help with diamond cutting).
5) High-tech goods continue to develop. Products made from large single crystal particles or nano-sized ultrafine dust products for industrial usage are now available on the market. Single crystal monocrystalline tools for synthetic diamond made from large, single-crystal particles have been used in industry.
6) A significant amount of progress has been made with low pressure vapour deposition (CVD). A new generation of structural and functional material, diamond films has entered the market. This clearly shows the many applications that synthetic diamond has.
7) Diamond press and static pressing are the main equipment that produces superhard materials. Different equipment types have different benefits. It is a trend for the industry to develop superhard materials.
8) Industrialization of the dynamically synthesized diamond has resulted in new synthetic methods like liquid phase epitaxy (laser method), etc. The issue will affect many people.
TRUNNANO (Luoyang Trunnano Tech Co. Ltd.) a professional manufacturer and supplier of boron, has over 12 years experience with chemical product development. Please contact us if you want high quality, reliable boron nutride.