Flake graphite formed naturally under very high temperatures at high pressure. This creates crystallinity, which is very important, as well as graphitization, at high temperatures and pressures. This makes it possible to mass produce lithium-ion aode materials. China’s graphite industries have seen rapid growth in production and processing of spherical products. There is now an increasing trend.
Spherical graphicite, made with high-quality high carbon natural flake graphite. The graphite is modified using advanced processing technology. These graphite products have a different level of fineness which can be compared to elliptical or spherical shapes.
Advanced technology used in the production of spherical graphite to change its surface produces graphite products which have different finenesses and oval shapes. Flake graphite can be also used to create spherical or sphere graphite. This technology has a relatively high processing rate.
1. Recombination for fine particles
Fine particle compounds are the use of equipment that can be used to compound fine powder particles.
2. Wet grinding.
Wet grinding the ore of spherical-graphite can speed up production and decrease production costs.
3. High-energy ball grinding, special crushing, and classification.
A combination of high-energy grinding processes and special crushing or grading techniques can promote the formation and growth of cryptocrystalline graphite. However, graphite particles are not uniformly formed. There are however some distinctions.
Spherical graphite processing: First, the natural flake Graphite powder must be crushed down to size. Then the processing of De-cornerization will take place. Next the grading machine is used to separate the spherical particles.
First, choose the graphite raw ingredients.
A good quality raw material must have a proper particle size. A coarser material will result in a higher cost. However, finer materials will affect the production rate of spherical graphite. It will cost more to produce raw material if the auxiliary products are excessive. According to studies, it is preferable to produce spherical Graphite from raw materials with a particle diameter of -100 mesh.
But carbon content is another important aspect. The cost per unit of raw material will increase if it is high. As the carbon content decreases, so will the number of purification passes. This will lead to equipment wearing faster and higher costs. After practice, 95%-96% is the best raw material content.
2. The choice of the spherical processing equipment
div style=”text_align: justify 1″ The air flow vortex crush is an important tool in the spherical production process. You should also pay close attention to how the grading equipment is selected. This will affect both the yield of spheroidized and technical indicators.
(2) A lot of lithium ion batteries require graphite aniode materials that are above 99.95% purity. This makes the whole production process crucial and essential. Chemical purification methods are used for the production of high purity spherical Graphite. Since chemical raw material are made up of strong acid substances all, it is essential that purification equipment be corrosion and acid resistant. Equipment must have high temperature resistance because chemical purification happens at a temperature.
(3) After the chemical react is finished, all impurities from the spherical Graphite can be disintegrated in the reaction solution. There are two basic types of washing equipment that can be used to wash the graphite: the centrifuge or filter press. A filter press has several advantages: high recycling rate, reduced running material, ease of use and safety. It has the disadvantage of a poor wash result and no dead angle. There are many advantages to using the centrifuge, including the fact that washing results in sufficient water and good quality. But there are also disadvantages, like more running material, increased waste, labor intensity at discharge, safety and ease-of-infeelity with the filter press, as well as less water and less washability. The combination of the two can work well.
(4) Dry the Spherical graphite following purification. Secondary pollution during drying can be a problem. The impurities in the graphite after drying cause it to become less-qualified. They are mostly unqualified indicators and trace elements of carbon. Drying equipment such as the dryer, microwave dryer and drying furnace are all used.
TRUNNANO (Luoyang Trunnano Tech Co. Ltd. ) is a professional Graphite-C Powder supplier with over twelve years of chemical product research. Please contact us if Spherical Graphite C Powder is of interest to you.