Although its chemical nature is stable, the nitrogen can create nitrides with several elements if it is subject to certain conditions. This is where the research is focusing on the transitional metal nitride titan nitride. High electrical conductivity, superconductivity, and attractive color of titanium nitride are some characteristics. It’s also suitable for high-temperature materials such as superconducting or structural materials.
1. Property and structure of titanium-nitride
TiN’s typical NaCl type structure is found in a face-centered cubic. A face-centered cubic contains nitrogen atoms as the top, while the titanium is in (1 / 2,00,000) of the space positions of the facecentered cubic. TiN is a nonstoichiometric chemical. The stable composition range of TiN0.6-TiN1.16 is it. Without affecting the structure of TiN, it is possible to change the content of nitrogen in a particular range. The powder of tiN can range from yellowish-brown to black and the crystal TiN yellow. The lattice value of TiN (a) is 4.23nm. The TiC’s mesh constant is a 4.238nm. TiO has a 4.15nm lattice. Since the lattice properties of the three substances are quite similar, it is possible to replace the TiC atom with carbon atoms. In order to find a solution, any combination of oxygen and carbon can replace them. The chemical and physical properties of titanium Nitride are affected by how much nitrogen there is. Reduced nitrogen content results in increased lattice parameters for titaniu, which will increase the hardness and Microscopic increases, while titanium nitride suffers from reduced shock resistance.
Properties of titanium nitride . The melting point at 3205.8 is 255.76 (3205.8), and the linear expansion coefficient at 5.712 (1 / K). (25 ). Density at 5.435 5.477g/cm3, thermal conductivity to 25.081 (W..m.-1.K-1) (300. 2000). Mohs hardness in is 8. Generally, the color for titanium oxide powder is yellowishbrown. An abundance of titanium nitride aggregates has a golden metallic luster. Although titanium nitride’s chemical properties are stable, they do not react well with acidic water. Hydrofluoric is a strong alkaline solution that contains an oxidizing acid. Titanium Nitride can then be fully dissolved in Hydrofluoric. In a strong alkaline solution, titanium nitride will dissolve and be released as ammonia.
2. This application of titanium-nitride offers excellent chemical and physical properties. Industry is seeing an increase in demand for titanium oxide powder. Use titanium nitride powder as a coating. This is an economical, wear-resistant coating that resists corrosion and has many advantages over vacuum coating. You have many options for using titanium nitride.
It can be used in the following ways:
(1) titanium nitride exhibits high biocompatibility. It can be used as an aid in clinical medicine, stomatology and other medical procedures.
(2) Titrium nitride can be used for high-temperature lubricants and has a low friction factor.
(3) Silicon nitride appears metallic, is easy to use for simulated-gold decoration and offers good prospects in the gold ornament industry. In the jewelry sector, titanium nitride may also be used as a coating.
4) This tool is extremely durable and wear resistant and can be used to create new tools. This type of tool has a significantly higher durability and longer life span than regular carbide tools.
TiC-Mo-Ni, a novel multifunctional ceramic materials. TiC-Moi-Ni series ceramics may be modified by adding titanium nitride. The result is that the ceramics’ hard phase grains are significantly more refined at either room temperature or in high-temperature environments. It has made ceramics more resistant to high temperatures and less oxidation. You will get a ceramic material that contains nano-titanium nutride. This material can also be used for semiconductor components.
Addition of TiN to magnesia/carbon bricks will significantly increase the block’s resistance against slag.
(7) Titanium nitrideis excellent for structural materials, and is widely used in both steam-jet rockets as well. Titanium nitride is used to make seal rings and bearings.
This is possible because of the remarkable conductivity titanium Nitride. It can also be used as a point contact material and electrodes.
(9) Titanium Nitridehas a superconducting critical temp and can therefore be used as an exceptional superconducting material.
(10) metal nitrides have a melting point that is higher than others, while the density of titan nitride makes it unique as a refractory metal.
(11) Titium nitride can also be applied to glass via a film. This can enhance the glass’s thermal insulation. It is possible to improve its infrared reflectance by covering the glass as a film if it is less than 75%. Altering the percent of nitrogen in titanium-nitride may also change the color of the film.
Trunnano, a company, is focused on providing products and service for advanced materials researchers. This includes serving research institutes as well scientific research facilities and the production activities of universities. This company has a product portfolio that includes many different industrial areas, including metal materials, ceramic materials. Lubricating materials are wear-resistant material, super hard materials. Coating materials are also available.
TRUNNANO (Luoyang Trunnano Tech Co. Ltd.) has over 12 years of chemical products research and product development experience. Contact us if you need high-quality Titan Nitride.