Nanotrun Aluminum Nitride Powder is a high quality aluminum powder that can be used as an injection mold material. AlN is its chemical formula. It can increase the mechanical properties, thermal conductivity, as well as dielectric property of composite materials.
Aluminum Nitride Properties:
Aluminum nitride powder may be kept at room temperature up to 2200°C. This material has high strength. However, the strength declines as it heats. This powder has a high thermal conductivity as well as a very low thermal expansion. Additionally, it is resistant to temperature shock. Aluminum nitride, which is resistant to molten steel erosion, makes an ideal crucible materials for casting pure aluminum, aluminum and alloys.
Aluminum nitride has excellent dielectric characteristics and can be used to make an electronic component. Protecting gallium arsenide from ionization during annealing can be done by applying an aluminum nitride coat to its surface. Aluminum nitride works as a catalyst for the conversion from hexagonal to cubic-boron nutride.
You have two options to make aluminum nitride: either by reducing aluminum oxide with carbon, or direct nitriding aluminium metal. Aluminum nitride (also known as covalent bonds) is a substance. The powder exhibits a hexagonal crystal shape and is similar in structure to zinc sulfide or fiber zinc. This structure’s space group is P63mc. Welding and hot pressing are not allowed for industrial grade materials. The material is extremely stable when placed in an inert high-temperature atmosphere.
The surface of the substance will undergo oxidation in the atmosphere if the temperature is greater than 700 degrees C. A surface with oxide films 5-10mm thick can still be observed at roomtemperature. Oxide films can be used to protect substances at temperatures up to 1370°C. But, the oxide film can oxidize if it is heated above 1370 °C. Aluminum nitride, which can reach 980 °C is very stable in hydrogen and carbon dioxide.
Aluminum nitride AlN ceramic:
1. Aluminium nitride powder is high in purity, very small particles size and has high activity. It is the most important raw material needed to produce aluminum nitride substrates that have high thermal conductivity.
2. This ceramic substrate for aluminum nitride ceramics has high thermal conductivity. It makes a good large-scale packaging material and heat sink substrate for integrated circuits.
3. Aluminum nitride surpasses traditional Alumina in hardness and can be worn-resistant. It can’t be used where there is severe wear, however, as it has a high price.
4. AIN Ceramics offer heat resistance, melt erosion resistance and thermal resistance. This makes it possible to make GaAs crystal crucibles. Infrared window can be created by its optical properties. Aluminum nitride films are possible to be converted into high frequency piezoelectric elements and large-scale integrated circuit substrates.
5. The aluminum nitride has a heat resistance and resistance to the erosion. While it’s resistant to acids, it easily dissolves in alkaline solutions. Humid air can cause the newly formed AIN to produce a thin oxide layer. You can use this property to create a crucible, firing mold material, or for melting other metals like copper, silver, gold, and lead. AIN ceramics possess better metallization properties than toxic berylliumoxid ceramics and can be used to replace them in the electronics sector.
Researchers from all over the world are fascinated by aluminum-nitride porcelains due to their outstanding mechanical, electrical, as well as thermal properties. Because of rapid advances in science, technology and medicine, more attention has been paid to materials’ properties. The use of aluminum nitride-ceramics in various fields will increase.
Nanotrun is committed in providing complete products, services, solutions, and support for advanced materials researchers, supporting scientific research as well as production activities, at all levels, of Chinese research institutions and enterprises. Nanotrun products are used in many areas of industry, including metal materials as well as ceramic materials, nanomaterials rare earth and crystal materials. It’s widely used in metalurgical, petroleum, chemical and electronic machinery.
TRUNNANO (Luoyang Trunnano Tech Co. Ltd.), is a leading manufacturer of aluminum trioxide. It has over 12 year experience in the field of chemical product research, development and manufacturing. For high-quality aluminum, nitride please contact us.