Introduction of molybdenum-disilicide
This silicon compound of molybdenum is known also as molybdenum silicide. It has a molecular structure of MoSi2 with a molecular mass of 154.13. It is a grey metallic solid. Because the radii of these two types of atoms don’t differ much and their electronegativity are relatively similar, they share properties with metals and ceramics. The melting temperature can reach 2030degC and is therefore conductive. A silicon dioxide layer can be applied to the surface, which will prevent further oxygenation at higher temperatures. Because of its tetragonal, a-type crystal structures, it has a gray metallic colour. Although it has a hexagonal structure, it is still unstable. Crystal structure modified with b. Not soluble in many acids. However, it is soluble in hydrofluoric acid and nitric.
It’s used as a high-temperature, anti-oxidation, coating material, electrical heating elements, embedded electrode films, structural materials and reinforcing agent for composite materials.
Use molybdenum diilicide
They are used frequently in areas such as high-temperature antioxidation, electro heating elements, structural materials and composite materials. You can find them in these industries:
1. The following are energy and chemical industries: gas burners, high temperature heat exchangers for atomic reactor device, gas burners. High-temperature thermocouples, their protection tubes and smelting vessels. Crucibles can be used to smelt sodium, lithium or lead.
2. Industries in microelectronics:
Other refractory metal silicides, such as Ti5Si3, WASi2, TaSi2, among others. They are ideal candidates materials for large-scale interconnection and integrated circuit gates.
3. Aerospace industry. It is a high-temperature antioxidation coating material that has received extensive and detailed research. This material is especially useful for components of turbine engines, including blades, impellers and combustors as well as sealing devices, nozzles, seals and sealing devices.
4. Automobile industry: engine parts, turbochargers, valve bodies and spark plugs.
What factors affect the service lives of heating elements that use molybdenum disilicide?
1. Product that has been fired. Fired products have a shorter service life than special glass. Magnetic material has the longest service life, while special glass has the lowest.
2. Product quality. Product quality is determined by how raw materials are produced and what manufacturing processes are used.
3. It is the quality of your stove. Good quality furnaces can extend the life expectancy of their components.
4. Surface problems. Surface problems can result from long-term exposure to temperatures of 1800°C.
5. Dimensional tolerance. Specific temperature control for the electric furnace will depend on the exact size of the hot-end. If there are tolerances in diameter, cross-sectional areas and impedance values will change. As a result, heat generated by the electric heating components will change. Also, this will affect the uniformity of heat generated by the electric furnace and the life expectancy of the heating elements.
6. Furnace operator. Heating element components can be damaged by overheating and too much power.
7. Product contamination. Components can deteriorate when they react with the protective coating.
8. Insulation issues. Insulation problems: The insulation layer is not tight enough, it is damaged or displaced, or is in direct contact with the heat source.
9. Mechanical force. According to the orientation of the thermal break, they may be softened and deformed.
How much is molybdenum disilicide Powder?
(aka. Technology Co. Ltd. (aka. Our company currently has a number of powder materials. You can also order OEM. Looking for something specific?
For powder please get in touch with us. You can also click here
Products that are needed
We welcome your inquiry.