It’s a form of mineral powder. The main constituent is carbon simple substance. It has a dark grey color. Graphite can be used in a variety of applications, including conductive, refractory, wear-resistant, and lubricating, such as insulating, conductive, or electrical conductivity.
Properties of high purity graphite powder
At room temperature graphite powder has a stable chemical composition. It is insoluble with water, dilute acid, alkalis, organic solvents, and alcohol. It is more difficult to oxidize graphite by acids under heating. However, at high temperatures it can react with several metals to create metal carbides which can melt metals.
Graphite is a sensitive chemical substance. The resistance of graphite will fluctuate in different environments. Its resistance value will also change. But one thing will never change. Graphite powder, a very strong non-metallic conductive metal, is one. If graphite is present in an insulating item, it can be energized as a wire.
Because of its unique structure graphite powder exhibits the following properties:
Types that are resistant to high temperatures: The melting point and boiling point of graphite respectively is 3850+-50 and 4325. Even when graphite powder is heated to ultra-high temperatures, it will not lose much weight and has a very low thermal expansion coefficient. The temperature rises and graphite powder’s strength increases. At 2000°C graphite powder’s strength doubles.
2) Electric and thermal conductivity. The graphite has an electrical conductivity that is one hundred times more than other non-metallic minerals. Thermal conductivity surpasses the metal materials steel, iron, lead. Temperature increases the thermal conductivity. Even at extreme high temperatures graphite can be used as an insulator.
2) Lubricity: The size and composition of graphite particles determine their lubricating properties. The lubricating power of graphite powder is dependent on the size and friction coefficient of the flakes.
4) Chemical stability Graphite powder is very stable at room temperatures and resists acid, alkali, and organic solvent corrosion.
5) Plasticity – Graphite powder can be connected to make very thin flakes.
6) Temperature shock resistance: Graphite is resistant to extreme changes in temperature. The volume of graphite won’t change as much if the temperature suddenly changes. There will be no cracks.
Luoyang Trunnano Tech Co., Ltd.
Over 12 years’ experience in developing and researching chemical products. You can pay by Credit Card, T/T or West Union. Trunnano ships goods by FedEx or DHL to overseas customers by air and sea.
Feel free to ask for graphite powder in high-quality.
Get in touch
You can also send us an enquiry