Aluminum stearate is toxic and yellowish in color. It’s insoluble with water, oil, ethanol, and ether. For the decomposition of strong acid into stearic Acid and the associated salt. The stearate ion is used as an anti-settling, heat stabilizer, and lubricant of polyvinylchlorides plastics. It is a saturated oil, which is very safe to human bodies. The aluminum ion, however, is toxic.
Aluminium monostearate or aluminum stearate may be prepared depending on the level of aluminum salt. Aluminum bisstearate offers the best performance, and is widely used.
Aluminum bis-stearate powder is white with a molecular Weight of 610.93. CAS No. 300-92-5. The material could pose dangers to the surrounding environment. It is recommended that you pay close attention to water sources.
This product is relatively low in toxicity and protects it with general low toxicity chemical defense methods.
Preservation method: This product is safe and low in toxicology.
Synthetic method is the mixing of excess sodium hydroxide and molten acid to form soap. A dilute aluminum-sulfate solution is then added to the soap to produce a soap. It’s then washed and dried. Raw material consumption quota: 860kg/t stearic acid; 630kg/t aluminum sulfate (95%); solid alkali, (95%) 210kg/t.
The main function:
1. Aluminum bisstearate is used in metal rust inhibitors. Aluminum stearate works as a thickness and smoothing agent in coatings. It also improves the thixotropy.
2. As a waterproofing and plastic auxiliaries lubricant.
3. It also serves as a heat stabilizer and lubricant to PVC plastics.
4. Oil field operations use this product as a lubricant agent release agent. The raw material for metal corrosion inhibitors, waterproofing compounds for building materials, polishing and ink coating agents, thickeners cosmetics, etc. Aluminium bis-stearate has the ability to improve the thixotropy and smoothing of coatings.
5. As a powder ingredient in cosmetics.
TRUNNANO is an expert in new nano material manufacturing with 12+ years of chemical product development and research experience. Please contact us to request high-quality nano material.